We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Add ability to search by trims using commas to separate the trims in the trim search field.

I tried to use CSV to search for the 3 trims I'm interested in, but the search removed the commas and I ended up with no results as the search tried to match every word.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The trims field work the same as the keyword field - it does support searching for multiple different options, but you need to separate them with pipes rather than commas, and put quotes around them if they're multiple words, like this:

trim | "other trim" | "third trim"

3. Filter by number of owners

Filter by number of owners. Necessary to find out if your electric vehicle (EV) or fuel cell vehicle (FCV) qualifies for a tax credit based on 1 owner limitation.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add the Fiesta ST as a separate model

Needs its own model. Impossible to find apart from regular fiestas.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. add Aston Martin Cygnet

Please add Aston Martin Cygnet!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We generally avoid adding models not sold in North America to our lists, to keep them from getting too long, but that doesn't mean you can't search for them. You can type any model name into the Model field, and AutoTempest will search for it.  So in this case, I'd recommend choosing Aston Martin as the make, and then typing Cygnet into the model field.  You can also set other filters if you wish.  (Though they're going to be relatively rare, so it might not be worth filtering further.)

6. oodle thumbnails are very weak and grainy

For some reason I've noticed a pattern that ALL thumbnails shown via the Oodle search are very grainy and pixelated. When cars are shown from other searches as in cars.com, ebay etc the thumbnails are crystal clear. See the attached screen cap

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It's true that many of the thumbnails provided by Oodle are poor.  Those are how they come from the source though, so unfortunately we don't have any control over them.  We've found listing quality from Oodle to be fairly poor in general (things like this, lots of expired listings, etc.) which is why we don't have their results enabled by default.

7. we need a miata (that isnt a mx-5) it is a extremely common car and everyone wants one so it would help us your customers and you

we need a miata (that isnt a mx-5) it is a extremely common car and everyone wants one so it would help us your customers and you

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Differentiate between paddle shift and gated manual

When searching for manual transmission, the results come up for paddle shift / electronic gear cars. I would like more specific transmission choices so we can find three pedal cars more easily.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Certainly the intent of the manual transmission filter is to only show actual manual transmissions, IE with a clutch pedal. The problem is, some sellers will list anything that can be manually shifted as a manual (for some reason that I can’t comprehend). Because we aggregate listings from multiple third parties, rather than getting them directly from the sellers, it’s difficult for us to do anything about this, beyond encouraging our partners to label their listings correctly.

10. Millage

Why in the world would you allow listing of cars without the actual millage, millage is such an important critria, I would not waste my time to contact the seller, if millage not posted, and I would peter to use other websites where they mandate the millage such as Facebook Marketplace, Craig's list or Auto Trader than a site allows this.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Bmw XB7 alpina is not listed

Bmw XB7 alpina is not listed

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Technically Alpinas aren’t BMWs; they’re a separate make. Our lists only include makes and models sold in North America, but you can still search for other brands using the ‘Other make’ option. Choose Other Make, and then type in Alpina for make, and XB7 for model. Be sure to set a large search radius, and to check all the comparison links too—they’re obviously rare, so will be tough to find!

12. List the # of results in all areas of a nationwide search & show all in one list that can be sorted

It takes too long to open each area when looking for an item.. like a particular car. The optimal search would be to simply see all vehicles that match the criteria listed with a sort option. If someone is searching nationwide they are not worried about the geographic location. If they are than they could use a sort option.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It is already possible to sort all results on the page in one list, using the sort controls at the top of the page. What we can’t include in that list are external comparison results, like those from craigslist. We’d love to, but craigslist doesn’t offer their results to be shown on external sites, which is why we link to their pages instead. And the largest search radius is 300 miles, which is why for larger searches we need to use multiple links.

We realize a single list would be more convenient, but since that’s not possible, we figure it’s still easier to have these links covering your whole search area created automatically, with a single button to open them all, vs having to search multiple regions manually.

13. Laforza

I am interested in purchasing a Laforza but I do not see this make listed. Please add it. Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Our makes list is made up of those sold in the North American market, but you can still search other makes by choosing the ‘Other’ option from the dropdown. That will let you type in any make you’re interested in.

14. Auto Trader & Classic Auto Trader

Guys ever consider pulling those guys in too?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve certainly considered it, but thus far haven’t gotten any interest from them in being included on the page. We do have a comparison link to autotrader though, so you can check their matching results with one extra click.

15. Hello, i don't have an idea, but i have a crazy question. What are y'all going to do with the bmw m6 Tavarish is driving on the show.

Can you donate that bmw m6 Tarvarish is driving on the contest show on youtube?!

I would love to receive that bmw m6.

Just asking and hoping.🤞

Christian Jones

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It’s not missing—the model name of the 981 is just Cayman. It wasn’t until the 718 that the numeric identifier was made part of the actual model name.

To search for 981 Caymans specifically, we would recommend choosing Cayman, and setting min and max year filters. (2012-2016)

17. Improve the craigslist search and FB marketplace

Having to open a new window for each region is rediculous.
    Also no FB marketplace support? It has mostly taken over since craigslist charges for vehicle listings.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately craigslist does not have an API, nor do they allow their listings to be scraped. So opening multiple pages is the best way we’re able to cover larger search areas than the couple hundred miles they support. I agree it’s not perfect, but it’s better than trying to search a bunch of different regions manually.

We do actually have a facebook marketplace link, along with autotrader and cargurus, in the comparison links section of our results page (at the bottom, or in the sidebar on desktop). Facebook also has a distance limit, like craigslist, so we’re planning to eventually do the same thing there—multiple links to cover a larger area.

18. List more cars

I entered the same search in my area on your site and then craigslist. Your site ( that supposedly looks at all sites) found 1(one) car. Craigslist alone showed me over 100 cars. Major flaw apparently.
    My suggestion is to fix the site to do what you say it will do.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We do not have access to listings from craigslist, so we do what we can: we produce links to craigslist search results pages matching your search, and work out the most efficient set of such links to cover your entire search area, if it is larger than the 200-mile radius craigslist supports. If you scroll to the craigslist section of our results page and click the ‘Open All’ button, you will see these results, and will find everything that you would find searching craigslist manually (except much more quickly).

19. Hyundai Veloster N

You're missing the Hyundai Veloster N.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Please add BAC (Briggs Automotive Company) to your list of manufacturers.

I know they don't come up much (very rare) but I'd like to be able to search for a BAC Mono if one ever came up for sale.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?