Skip to content

AutoTempest

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

8 results found

1. Print the unique number of cars accross all partners for a given search criterias

As a user, I would like to know how many unique cars there are across all partners for my research,
    So that I can better estimate how many cars in my search are in the overall market at a given time.

I believe that using the tuple [Make, Model, Price, Year, Mileage] to guess if it's the same car across multiple partners would be sufficient. Would be better with VIN but no all ads display it.

Love auto-tempest! I'm a developer myself and in the market for a new car and that idea is very convenient! I guess you cannot…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Currently we do already deduplicate vehicles from different partners, so for thr most part anyngiven car should only be seen (and counted ) once.  (Though occasionally exceptions will slip through.)  We also already show a combined count of vehicles returned from all sources at the top of the page.

What's missing is, it currently only shows the number that have been displayed; if there are multiple pages of results, the later pages won't be added to the count until they've been loaded. (This is because our back-end queries haven't actually pulled up those vehicles yet, so the front end doesn't know how many there are.) This was necessary in the past to keep the searches as fast as possible. However as search tools have progressed it's less important now. So we actually do have plans to add a complete count, not only of results, but also of remaining results for…

2. Currently only 10 saved searches per email, limit needs to be MUCH higher

Currently, I can only have 10 saved searches per email. This is frustrating and convoluted as most car enthusiasts enjoy more than 10 cars. Please allow us to save unlimited or at least 30-50 saved searches.

For example, eBay and Realtor.com allows unlimited saved searches and its so convenient when I get email notifications of a product I've been waiting for comes on sale. OfferUp allows 50 I believe. There shouldn't be a limit for car enthusiasts!

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. new search is too limited/restricted

Advanced search filters allowed for zeroing in on a desired model & features, now you can only do that for used vehicles. Please add advanced filters to New search.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The ability to change currency denominations

I would like to be able to look at cars in CAD instead of USD. For those of us outside of the USA who are looking to buy a car there for personal or professional reasons, having the option to choose your own currency would be great!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Sign on

As the title says. Have the ability to have an account sign on to save previous searches.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow city, state instead of just zip codes

Please code the basic search line to allow city, state instead of just zip codes. I am looking at buying a used car outside the rust belt and I keep having to a zip code search first.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add a tool for searching enthusiast forums

We know that some of the best listings on the web are found in enthusiast forums. Because there are so many of them out there, it would be infeasible to add them all as separate sources to the main AutoTempest search, at least at the moment. We're planning on building a separate search tool to search specifically for ads on enthusiast forums. If you'd like to see this feature added sooner rather than later, vote for it!

32 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?