AutoTempest

1. Prominently have a link to save search criteria and get email updates for new listings and price reductions. Most search web sites offer it.

Prominently have a link to save search criteria and get email updates for new listings and price reductions. Most search web sites offer it.

186 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    19 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Absolutely agree that we should have email alerts. We are working on some other priorities at the moment, but it is planned. Price change alerts are an interesting idea too, and one that we hadn’t considered before. I will add that to our list!

2. add filtering systems

add a big filtering system, where you can choose build style, brands, mby country of production?, wheeldrive, fuel type, engine size, engine power, original/modified etc.

58 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    21 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Adding more filters is one of our top priorities. We have a number of new filters planned. Not all the ones in this list will be possible, mostly due to the data we have available, but we will be adding what we can.

3. Add a tool for searching enthusiast forums

We know that some of the best listings on the web are found in enthusiast forums. Because there are so many of them out there, it would be infeasible to add them all as separate sources to the main AutoTempest search, at least at the moment. We're planning on building a separate search tool to search specifically for ads on enthusiast forums. If you'd like to see this feature added sooner rather than later, vote for it!

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Search Kijiji

Search Kijiji, eh?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Additional Sources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow city, state instead of just zip codes

Please code the basic search line to allow city, state instead of just zip codes. I am looking at buying a used car outside the rust belt and I keep having to a zip code search first.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Good site but could use some sharpening and Clutter removal

Try offering more practical options in the advanced search tab. I can't search trim levels unless I name them by manufacturer designation. No biggie but kinda sucks.
    Also when a new search is generated the Old query details should be Deleted. I search a Lexus but it answers No Results because the RT trim is left over 4 lines below from my last search. Cmon guys

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Yeah, we are planning to change that behavior of remembering the previous search. We currently remember it (and have a ‘reset search’ button for running a new search) because it’s convenient for the majority of users that search the same thing regularly. However, the drawback you mentioned is a significant one, and we agree that it would be better to start fresh (while still making it easy to re-run an old search).

We have additional filters planned too, although trim is tricky due to the many different sources we draw from. Working on it though.

7. Missing Model- BMW 325it

Missing BMW 3 series wagon 325it

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Additional Makes and Models  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base