1. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I would switch to AutoTempest from cars.com if you offered the ability to filter by interior color.

I would switch to AutoTempest from cars.com if you offered the ability to filter by interior color.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow to filter searches by number of cylinders

Filter search results by number of cylinders, or, even better, engine layout (e.g. I6, V6, H6, rotary, etc.)

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Small Truck Option

I'd like to see the single Truck category be split into small and full size (or large). (Canyon, Tacoma, Ranger, etc)

right now i'm having to type in the model of every small truck and an option for that would be much nicer to have.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I see what you mean. Unfortunately since we don’t get that data from our sources, I think the only way we could do it would be something similar to what you’re doing—we’d need to keep a list of all the small vs large truck models. Might look into it at some point if this idea is popular.

5. Listings

If i search for vehicles under $10,000 all it shows is from bring a trailer and none of them are under that price. Need to clean things up alot, thats very frustrating.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Since all Bring a Trailer listings are auctions, they don’t have fixed prices. And we don’t get an updated feed of the current bids, so can’t filter out those that are above your price without filtering them all out. For now we’ve decided to err on the side of showing them.

That said, if you want to you can turn off the whole Bring a trailer source in the choose sources menu at the top of the results page.

Regarding why you’re not getting other results, please reply to this notification email and let us know what you’re searching for exactly and where, so we can check it out.

6. Continue doing things like CarTrek as part of your marketing.

CarTrek was so enjoyable to watch, and definitely improves your brand recognition! Your name being out there on the videos I watch makes me remember to go here and use the site, and may in fact be where I found out about the site in the first place. I buy cars more than the average person, and your site is useful.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Filter By Title

A way you can sort or filter cars by there current title (e.g. Salvage, Lemon, Clean, etc)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Additional Makes and Models  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re going to either get these added, or possibly simplify the Lexus list down to just the main models (IS, LS, etc.), and you can then use the trim field to search the specific one you’re interested in. (In fact, that works already. You can choose Lexus and LS (all), then enter 500 or 500h as the trim.)

11. The ability to search craigslist regions instead of a "circle" around my area.

The ability to search craigslist regions instead of a "circle" around my area.

So if I want to exclude let's say cars from Salt Lake City vs. Phoenix.

If I live in vegas and search within a certain circle I get both, but I don't ever want cars from Utah or Idaho for that matter. So if I could just have a clickable map to always search that would be nice.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re actually planning to add a filter very soon that will let you restrict results to only within your state, so hopefully that will help. A fully customized selector, potentially with a map, would be much more involved, and may not be worth the time or interface complexity compared to other things we could do—but we will consider it. Will leave this under review for now.

12. Favorites and Rejected Options

Often times I find myself looking at the same car twice before discovering the same feature/flaw which caused me to eliminate it from my prospects in the first place. So, much like a "favorites" option, it would be great if there was a "rejected" option. Perhaps even in list form so people can go back through their rejected vehicles later to see if they'd missed something.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add car brand

Please add car brand named Ultima

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. open in all tabs

Create a "right click" on number of cities (ex: 17 cities) so that we can open all cities in separate tabs with just a couple clicks, just like I can do with my folders I created in my bookmarks files.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Year

It’s going to be way easier for people

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Truck indepth search needed!!!

This site seriously needs more in depth truck options. There isnt a 2x4 or 4x4 option, no regular cab, extended cab, crew cab option or long bed, short bed, motor options. Having these options would help narrow down searches and save customers time....just helpful info from a dealer that deals with this on the daily

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Additional Sources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Agreed. We will be adding the drive type (2wd, 4×4 etc.) soon. The others are a bit trickier as our sources don’t currently provide that information, but we do support advanced keywords, so you could search for something like

“extended cab” OR “crew cab”

using the keywords field, for instance.

18. Improvement suggestion

Cell phone App!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add New Touareg Models

The list of volkswagen models only includes the Touareg 2 which runs to model year 2010. The Touareg 3 (t3) is model year 2011 to 2018. There is also a new model that debuted in model year 2019. I am unable to search for the 2011 Touareg using the currently supplied models

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Additional Makes and Models  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Ability to search and select multiple options like 4WD, AWD, blu-ray, and DVD

allow us the ability to select multiple features at once like 4WD, AWD, blu-ray, and DVD

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base