AutoTempest

1. Sort cars by country or continent origin, Like: give me results for German cars.

I would like to search for Italian cars, German cars, USA cars, etc. This will pile up all in one result.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Continue doing things like CarTrek as part of your marketing.

CarTrek was so enjoyable to watch, and definitely improves your brand recognition! Your name being out there on the videos I watch makes me remember to go here and use the site, and may in fact be where I found out about the site in the first place. I buy cars more than the average person, and your site is useful.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Listings

If i search for vehicles under $10,000 all it shows is from bring a trailer and none of them are under that price. Need to clean things up alot, thats very frustrating.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Since all Bring a Trailer listings are auctions, they don’t have fixed prices. And we don’t get an updated feed of the current bids, so can’t filter out those that are above your price without filtering them all out. For now we’ve decided to err on the side of showing them.

That said, if you want to you can turn off the whole Bring a trailer source in the choose sources menu at the top of the results page.

Regarding why you’re not getting other results, please reply to this notification email and let us know what you’re searching for exactly and where, so we can check it out.

5. Small Truck Option

I'd like to see the single Truck category be split into small and full size (or large). (Canyon, Tacoma, Ranger, etc)

right now i'm having to type in the model of every small truck and an option for that would be much nicer to have.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I see what you mean. Unfortunately since we don’t get that data from our sources, I think the only way we could do it would be something similar to what you’re doing—we’d need to keep a list of all the small vs large truck models. Might look into it at some point if this idea is popular.

6. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. A regular app would be great

Make a app if you want more people to use this

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Additional Sources

Add Autolist, Bring a Trailer, edmunds, AutoNation, etc to the sites AutoTempest search.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Additional Sources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Better Search options

You need to add an option, Clean Title, Rebuilt Title, or Salvage Title, so people can find what they are looking for more easily. I'm looking for a clean titled vehicle, yet there are tons of rebuilt & salvage vehicles I have to weed through, very frustrating. Also add an option for 4,5,6,8,10,12 cylinders etc... Also add Corvette options 1LT,2LT or 3LT, Jaguar F-type options S,R etc. Email Alerts also for saved searches and newly listed vehicles.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Cylinder count is planned. Also email alerts, although that will be a bit further down the road.

For title status, we don’t get that information from most of our sources, but what I suggest is using negative keywords. Something like this should get rid of most of them:
    -“salvage title” -“rebuilt title”

You can experiment with variants that catch the phrases you’re finding in the rebuilt/salvage cars that show up for you.

Regarding options packages, again it’s difficult because most of the sources we’re getting listings from don’t have that info, and it’s usually not encoded in the VIN. From actual trim levels (like Z06, ZR-1) you can use the trim search field. For options packages like 1LT, 2LT, etc., the regular keywords field will work better, but you will miss some since not every seller knows what options package their car has, or thinks to put it in…

10. UK based search

Are you planning on expanding search options outside the US, for example the UK?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Additional Sources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Limit Models and Brands to ones already in the search results to truly Refine the results

Once you have results from a search, i.e. Diesel, 4x4, etc you may want to only see Ford, Nissan, GMC. Limiting the Brand list and having multi-select would be very helpful.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Favorites and Rejected Options

Often times I find myself looking at the same car twice before discovering the same feature/flaw which caused me to eliminate it from my prospects in the first place. So, much like a "favorites" option, it would be great if there was a "rejected" option. Perhaps even in list form so people can go back through their rejected vehicles later to see if they'd missed something.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 4 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base