AutoTempest

1. Add a tool for searching enthusiast forums

We know that some of the best listings on the web are found in enthusiast forums. Because there are so many of them out there, it would be infeasible to add them all as separate sources to the main AutoTempest search, at least at the moment. We're planning on building a separate search tool to search specifically for ads on enthusiast forums. If you'd like to see this feature added sooner rather than later, vote for it!

31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow city, state instead of just zip codes

Please code the basic search line to allow city, state instead of just zip codes. I am looking at buying a used car outside the rust belt and I keep having to a zip code search first.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Kia K5

It would be nice if they had it listed for faster times because this is a new car

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Additional Makes and Models  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Search Kijiji

Search Kijiji, eh?

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Additional Sources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Additional Sources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We do have some plans to improve the Canadian experience. One issue is that so far neither Kijiji nor Autotrader.ca is interested in having their stuff on our results page, so both of those will need to be comparison links. We’re looking into some other options to have more results right on the page for Canadians though!

6. Add a search text field with auto complete

Add a elastic search field that will autocomplete make and model. This would make searching from a long list of makes and models a lot easier and also reduce the time taken by a user to get from the search page to their search results.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Continue doing things like CarTrek as part of your marketing.

CarTrek was so enjoyable to watch, and definitely improves your brand recognition! Your name being out there on the videos I watch makes me remember to go here and use the site, and may in fact be where I found out about the site in the first place. I buy cars more than the average person, and your site is useful.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Better Search options

You need to add an option, Clean Title, Rebuilt Title, or Salvage Title, so people can find what they are looking for more easily. I'm looking for a clean titled vehicle, yet there are tons of rebuilt & salvage vehicles I have to weed through, very frustrating. Also add an option for 4,5,6,8,10,12 cylinders etc... Also add Corvette options 1LT,2LT or 3LT, Jaguar F-type options S,R etc. Email Alerts also for saved searches and newly listed vehicles.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Cylinder count is planned. Also email alerts, although that will be a bit further down the road.

For title status, we don’t get that information from most of our sources, but what I suggest is using negative keywords. Something like this should get rid of most of them:
    -“salvage title” -“rebuilt title”

You can experiment with variants that catch the phrases you’re finding in the rebuilt/salvage cars that show up for you.

Regarding options packages, again it’s difficult because most of the sources we’re getting listings from don’t have that info, and it’s usually not encoded in the VIN. From actual trim levels (like Z06, ZR-1) you can use the trim search field. For options packages like 1LT, 2LT, etc., the regular keywords field will work better, but you will miss some since not every seller knows what options package their car has, or thinks to put it in…

11. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. bmw M340i

Missing BMW M340i

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Additional Makes and Models  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Type to search

Add the option to type in the vehicle make/model/year etc in addition to the current drop down menu for searching vehicles

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base